Collection of your information
It is essential in the course of our daily business activities of providing services to you, to collect and hold your personal information. This will include all personal details, employment information and financial or business affairs. When you complete a loan application you will be consenting to us obtaining personal information about you from a number of sources including credit agencies. Without your consent we will not be able to process your loan application.
At The Money Broker LTD we want to provide the best possible service to you by making the most efficient use of your personal information. It is very important that you feel confident that any information provided to us is treated with the utmost degree of privacy.
The Money Broker LTD does not generally disclose personal information to any other party unless:
We are bound by the Privacy Act and our aim is to ensure that we comply with the privacy principles that form the basis of laws introduced to strengthen privacy protection for the general public.
- Consent is given by you (the Client).
- It is required or authorized by law.
- It is necessary to complete a business transaction.
- Personal Information may be disclosed where consent has been obtained.
- Consent may be received directly from a client, from a third party, or may be implied from a client’s conduct.
- Your Personal Information may be required in accordance with taxation laws, or under a Court of Law.
- Your Personal Information is only disclosed to parties outside The Money Broker LTD where it is required to complete daily business activities. Some examples where this may occur are:
- To Lenders for the completion of loan applications.
- To Credit Reporting agencies, Introducers, Lender’s, Mortgage Insurance companies, Valuers, Debt Collection Agencies, Government Authorities.
- To the Mortgage Broker who originally serviced your needs.
- Specialist advisers, such as Accountants and Solicitors (both yours and ours)
It is essential that your personal information is accurate and kept up to date at all times to effectively conduct our business activities, so we will contact clients to determine if any personal details have changed. Alternatively you may contact us during business hours to update your personal data or to advise The Money Broker LTD that information held by us is inaccurate or incomplete.
Clients may request access to their personal data by contacting The Money Broker LTD directly. A basic summary of personal data (e.g., name, address, phone numbers) is freely available. In some cases, where the information goes beyond a basic summary, a fee may be charged to cover the cost of retrieving and supplying the information. The Money Broker LTD will charge a reasonable fee.
We will endeavour to handle all requests for personal data within 30 days of receiving the request.
There are some circumstances where requests for access to your data may be denied, such as where the information may relate to existing or anticipated legal proceedings, where denying access is required or authorized by law, or where the request for access is regarded as frivolous or vexatious. If The Money Broker LTD refuses you the client access we will advise you of our reasons for doing so.
It is of utmost importance to us that personal data is protected from unauthorized access, loss, modification, misuse or disclosure. All client files are held in secure filing cabinets and secure servers.
When data is no longer required, or an application has been closed, we ensure that it is deleted from our systems or destroyed in a secure manner.
We may at times use agents and other third parties to provide some services to The Money Broker LTD and for this purpose we sometimes need to provide them with relevant parts of the information obtained from the client as part of the application process. The third parties are required to keep your information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which they are permitted.
We will take all reasonable steps to protect your security when using our website but please be aware that no transmission of information to and from web sites or via email is ever totally secure.
If you feel your information has been mishandled or in breach of the Privacy Act please direct your complaint to:
The Money Broker LTD
PO Box 1
We will seek to address any concerns you have through our complaints handling process.